Sunday, July 13, 2014

Saturday Evening Rides

I am really loving my after dinner rides.  There isn't a lot of traffic and it keeps me from wanting dessert.  All good stuff.  Of course, if I choose to have dessert when I get home, I have it knowing that it won't go straight to my butt.

It's been so hot here the last few days, but it seems easier for me to ride than to run.  I guess having the wind in my face helps keep me cooler.

Last night, I rode down to the dyke.  I was planning on riding to 72nd Street and turn down by King's Links Golf Course, but saw a sign for a winery down a different street and decided to check that out.  No, I did not go in to sample.  I would've never made it home.  It was a nice ride past blueberry, potato and corn fields and then this nice little winery.  It looked like it had a guest house.  Maybe I will check it out in a bit more detail on another ride.

I decided to get off the dyke by the Boundary Bay Air Park.  It's really dusty out there right now.  It was deliciously cool with the breeze coming off the water, and quite pretty at high tide, but the dust was not fun to deal with.  So, heading back, I almost wiped my bike out from trying to stop too fast after spotting a huge eagle nest with mama or papa eagle standing guard above it.  I just stood there watching him watch me.  It was breathtaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment