Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Too Hot to Handle

The weather that is.  We've hit a hot spell.  The hot weather, combined with going back to work after a week of vacation means that Black Beauty has been a little bit neglected this week.  I'm still doing the riding to and from work and short trips like to the library and my Weight Watchers meeting, but that's about it.

My ride home yesterday was a bit unsettling.  I am a very careful cyclist and never do anything unexpected.  However, there is no accounting for pyschotic semi truck drivers or new semi truck drivers.  The words "student driver" on the side of a semi truck will forever strike fear into my heart as I have flashbacks to being pushed into the gutter as he went past yesterday.  I couldn't even take one hand off the handle bars to give him an obscene gesture as he came closer and closer to me.  No sign on the back of his truck so I could find out what company allowed such an idiot behind the wheel.

OK, I need to calm down now, so I will go to my happy place and post some nice photos from my last ride down on the Boundary Bay Dike.  So beautiful there right now.  It's good for what ails you.






No comments:

Post a Comment